There are several options for donating to Presque Isle Historical Society. Since the Society is recognized by the IRS as a 501c3 organization, all donations are tax deductible. The Society gladly accepts in-kind donations of historical artifacts that are from or in some way related to Presque Isle’s past. In addition, outright gifts of cash are accepted.
Other options include property such as real estate or securities which can provide an income tax deduction without reducing your financial assets. Deferred gifts of cash or property may also be made. These may include:
- Bequest – cash or property left to us in your Will; can reduce estate taxes
- Charitable Remainder Trust – a planned gift that provides you with an income now and provides funding for the Society at a later date
- Unitrust – an irrevocable transfer of cash, securities or other property to a trust, naming Presque Isle Historical Society as the beneficiary and providing you with a life income based on a set dollar amount or fixed percentage revalued annually
- Save on taxes
- Reduced estate and probate costs
- An income for life
- Increased yield on investments
Prior to making a financial decision about planned giving, it is suggested that you consult your financial and legal counsels.